Ah, is there anything better than spending the day at the beach, soaking up the warm sun or frolicking in the crystal clear surf?
At Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa, the premier luxury beachfront resort specializing in exclusive guest amenities and ultra premium accommodations, we know the answer to that question, when posed from the soft, luxuriously white sand beaches of the Emerald Coast, is a resounding no!
Packing a beach bag, complete with all the necessities, is a must and should be carefully tended. Somewhat of an art form, the unbelievably talented staff at Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa have prepared a helpful guide to help you cover all the bases.
Just follow along, and you’re set!
- Buy your beach bag. Large department stores, specialist bag stores or even the thrift store are ideal bag purchasing locations. The beach bags in those stores will be big enough to fit all your items. Make sure your beach bag is durable and sturdy.
- Hit another section of the store, there are a plethora of fun, beachy stores close by to the resort, to find beach supplies. Find a beach towel or blanket to sit on, a beach towel to dry yourself, flip flops and swimsuit, to name a few. However, a beach umbrella (if it’s too sunny) and beach chairs to sit on are accessible through our beach services, who will set them up as well.
- Go to the grocery store. If you’re planning to stay with Silver Shells Beach Resort for a long time, you will love your suite’s fully equipped kitchen so be sure to get sandwich supplies to make those and other comforts of home, to keep in your bag or cooler.
- Gather together the things that will help to keep you cool and sun safe. Get sunscreen and sunglasses. Buy a hat if you’d like – hats provide excellent coverage. Did we mention to pack a cooler FULL of water? We should’ve. You’ll need it not only to keep hydrated but to rinse your feet to keep sand out of the vehicles. There’s also our fabulous beachfront Sandbar where you can score tasty, light fare as well as handcrafted cocktails, all served up just steps from the water.
- Buy things to keep you satisfied at the beach. Our amazing beach services can help arrange all sorts of activists while staying at Silver Shells including jet skiing, parasailing, paddleboarding and more but if you are bringing little kids along, then bring floats, pail and shovel, and other beach toys. Also be sure to make things fun and bring magazines or books, maybe some everyone can enjoy together like a trivia book, and bring your iPod or stereo with a couple of CD’s. Make sure you have your cell phone if you have one.
- Start packing your beach bag by placing your towels at the bottom. Then you can put extra things that are little you want to bring (they are listed in the next tip) and then place the food inside the hot and cold bag, and then put the hot and cold bag in the lunch box. Place the lunch box in the beach bag.
- Place big books and magazines in your beach bag. Then, you can place leftover “little” things in a little bag if you have room, such as: sunscreen, beach toys, sports gear, purse, digital camera or video camera, etc.
For more tips, ideas and recipes for your stay on the Emerald Coast, be sure to make your next reservation at the spectacular Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa in sunny Destin, Florida.
Our cozy rentals are designed to be your tropical oasis featuring fine furnishings, comfortable beds dressed in fresh linens, spacious bathrooms, and private balconies overlooking sweeping views of our pristine, white sand beaches. High speed internet, large flat screen televisions with movies, fully equipped kitchens, and washer/dryer complete your room’s amenities.
Of course our unrivaled beaches, with polished quartz crystal sand and sparkling emerald waves are the star attraction and should be one of your first stops once you step out of your suites. Head down to our beautiful stretch of the Gulf, and take advantage of our outstanding beach services who can provide your family with everything from chairs and umbrellas to jet skis, kayaks, paddleboards and more. Besides our resident manatees, other coastal wildlife your family may see from your room or when relaxing on the shore, are dolphins, sharks, a wide variety of fish, and bird life from pelicans to bald eagles.
Be sure to catch one of our kaleidoscopic sunsets from the intimacy of your private patio, and watch the fishing vessels roll in with the tide as they head home to port.
After the beach, swing by our gorgeous beachside pools, surrounded by our lush, semi tropical foliage and fragrant flowers, or work up an appetite on lighted tennis courts. Spend a day being pampered by our experts at our state of the art Spa, maybe with a private beachside massage, or take the kids down to our awesome playground.
Lots of fun adventures await your team just moments away from the resort including bike/scooter rentals, dolphin excursions, sports fishing charters, Big Kahuna’s Water Park, go karting, arcades, mini golf, prestigious links, Henderson State Park, natural springs, caves, preserved plantations, shopping, dining and live entertainment.
There is so much to do and see on the Emerald Coast that you won’t know where to start first, but when you make your reservations to stay at the beachfront retreat, Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa, you’ve started it off right. Call today to learn more or book your stay. 1-877-447-3767